People For the American Way’s Next Up Victory Fund helps young progressive candidates win races for state and local offices across the country.
What We Do
- Next Up Victory Fund provides support and amplification to younger candidates, who often need help to gain credibility for their campaigns. That support includes organizational endorsements, press outreach, and engagement with high profile supporters.
- The fund will donate money directly to candidates, raise contributions from progressive online activists, and facilitate access to a nationwide network of major donors.
- PFAW’s endorsement of a candidate signals a seal of approval to the progressive movement, including donors and influentials, who look to PFAW for guidance in regards to involvement and investment in electoral politics in the immediate and long-term.
Who We Are
- Enduring Commitment to Progressive Values & Leaders
PFAW is a progressive advocacy organization founded over 30 years ago to fight right-wing extremism and defend constitutional values.
- Deep, Long-Term Investment in Youth Leadership Development
The Next Up Victory Fund is a continuation of our former Young Elected Progressives program. Our nonpartisan affiliate People For the American Way Foundation has supported young leaders for over a decade, through Young Elected Officials (YEO) Network and Young People For (YP4).
- Proven Political & Electoral Track Record
PFAW has experience and expertise in electoral politics at every level and a history of success in helping strong progressive candidates win tight races.
By the Numbers
The number of candidates we helped elect in 2018 alone.
Republicans currently fully control 21 states while Democrats fully control 14.
Republicans currently controlled 30 state legislatures, an increase of 20 since 2009.