Donald Trump has a record number of judges to lifetime seats on the Supreme Court and the federal courts. These narrow-minded elitist judges serve the interests of corporations and the wealthy and powerful at the expense of working people and families – and they will likely serve for decades.
The Senate can stop Trump from appointing more extremist judges, but they need to hear from you.
Call your senators now and tell them you oppose Trump’s extreme judicial nominees. If your senator has already displayed a pattern of voting to confirm them, voice your disappointment and remind them that you’ll hold them accountable for every bad decision these judges make on the courts.
1. Read this report summary on holding senators accountable for their votes on judicial nominees.
2. Call 1-855-867-4904 or text COURTS to 21333 to reach the senators in your state.
3. Tell your senators why you oppose Trump nominees. If you’re unsure of what to say, here’s a sample script:
Hi, my name is _________ and I’m a constituent of Senator _______. I’m calling because I’m very concerned about the judges Donald Trump has appointed to the Supreme Court and lower federal courts. Many of these judges have extreme, narrow-minded views that I cannot support. Some of these judges have already worked to:
- Roll back protections for sick people
- Undermine reproductive rights and care
- Allow discrimination against LGBTQ people, people with disabilities, and women
- Put corporations and the powerful over workers and consumers
- Dismantle environmental regulations that protect our health and safety
Does Senator __________ plan to oppose future nominees with extremist views and support fair-minded judges?
[If yes] Great. Please thank the senator for me, and let him/her know that I’m glad they are taking a stand to protect our rights and our Constitution.
[If no] Please pass along my message to Senator____ that I’m strongly urging him/her to reconsider his/her position and to put the people of our state above partisan politics.
[If not sure] Please let the senator know that I am urging him/her strongly to oppose future Trump nominees. We need him/her to take a principled stand, for us and for the Constitution. The most fundamental rights of his/her constituents are at stake.
Thank you for your time.
4. You did it! Congratulations.
5. Set a calendar reminder to do it again tomorrow. Call every day if you can!
6. Tell your friends and family to call their senators and spread the word on social media. Or host a call party and do it together! Every voice counts.