[This is part of a series of posts on Liberty University's student handbook, “The Liberty Way,” which governs what students can say, do, read, and watch – both on and off campus – and sets out a regimen of reprimands and fines for violators]
Respect While Dating/Social Behavior
All students are asked to display mature Christian behavior in social interaction. Proper respect must be shown to all individuals at all times. Harassment of any type will not be tolerated. Handholding is the only appropriate form of personal contact. Improper personal contact or other forms of public display are considered in poor taste. After dusk, students should not be alone with an individual of the opposite sex in any unlighted area such as the ball fields, parking lots, parked cars, ravine or other wooded areas, etc. This is considered improper social behavior.Restricted Areas on Campus
A student may not be alone with an individual of the opposite sex in the academic classrooms or offices. Students may not enter the residence halls of the opposite sex. After dusk, a student may not be alone with an individual of the opposite sex in any unlighted area, such as the ball fields, the ravine, parking lots, parked cars, etc.
6 Reprimands + $25.00 Fine
- Attendance at a dance
- Entering entryway of opposite sex on campus or allowing the same
- Possession and/or use of tobacco12 Reprimands + $50.00 Fine
- Entering the residence hallway of the opposite sex or allowing the same
- Students of the opposite sex visiting alone at an off-campus residence30 Reprimands + $500.00 Fine + 30 hours Disciplinary Community Service + possible Administrative Withdrawal. NOTE: For each accumulation of six (6) or more reprimands after 30, an additional $150 fine will be assessed.
- Possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages
- Refusal to submit to an Alco-Sensor test and/or drug test
- Spending the night with a person of the opposite sex
- Two or more individuals of the opposite sex together in motel room