- Florida's gay marriage ban was struck down today by a federal judge.
- Scott Lively has qualified to appear on the ballot as independent candidate for governor in Massachusetts.
- On his radio show today, Bryan Fischer and Randy Sharpe rejoiced that the AFA's action alert about a student allegedly punished for saying "bless you" managed to shut down the school's phone lines and website.
- Tim Brown writes on BarbWire that "this entire event [in Ferguson, Missouri] is being orchestrated by the federal government."
- Finally, "Warning: #IceBucketChallenge Could Kill Babies."
- Get ready because "National Impeach Obama Week" is just around the corner!
- Glenn Beck can't understand why his followers won't just trust him and get behind his new "love everybody" agenda, especially considering his track record of having been right about everything.
- Have you heard of Kendra Turner? If not, you will soon as she has now become the latest victim of supposed Christian "persecution" and new darling of the Religious Right.
- Bryan Fischer thinks that Twitter is censoring images of an American journalist being beheaded in an effort to protect Islam.
- Speaking of Fischer, journalist Michael Tracey gamely tried to engage him in a legitimate conversation today about the unrest in Ferguson, Missouri but only managed to demonstrate how pointless such efforts are since Fischer refuses to debate in good faith and repeatedly treats right-wing spin as established fact.
- Glenn Beck's entire television program last night consisted of a somber, quasi-documentary featuring David Barton explaining how America is headed toward revolution and/or civil war.
- The American Family Association continues to target companies that are running ads on Cartoon Network's "Black Jesus."
- Mat Staver is hopeful that a Tennessee judge's recent ruling upholding the state's gay marriage ban will turn the tide on the issue because "any ruling against natural marriage is a ruling against legitimate state interest."
- Bryan Fischer explains how "Ferguson proves the Bible is right."
- Finally, the Catholic League's Bill Donohue knows why people are rioting in Ferguson: "Why is there is no such thing as a winter riot? Because it's cold outside. Quite frankly, it's not fun to riot when it's freezing. Moreover, when the temperature rises, so do the passions. Heat also makes it likely that young men — it's mostly young men — will take to the streets to act out."
- Glenn Beck had a busy weekend, meeting with the Archbishop of Los Angeles as well as Joel Osteen.
- Religious Right leaders are apparently very worried that none of the possible GOP presidential contenders adequately represent their radical agenda, with the exception of Ben Carson.
- If we are to believe OneNewsNow, the White House has directly ordered every government facility not to allow televisions to show Fox News: "It's a directive straight from the White House."
- Larry Tomczak is not a fan of popular culture.
- Finally, Matt Barber has responded to an article chronicling the radical nature of his BarbWire.com website by insisting that he has "not been affiliated with Liberty Counsel since 2012." That is odd, given that his LinkedIn profile lists him as "Vice President, Liberty Counsel Action," he regularly appears on/hosts Liberty Counsel's daily radio program ... and the Facebook description accompanying the very comment he left on the GLAAD website explicitly says he "works at Liberty Counsel / Liberty School of Law."
- Glenn Beck is very concerned that the plot of the forthcoming game "Battlefield: Hardline" is designed to discredit the Tea Party.
- Bradlee Dean warns that "Reason is faith’s greatest enemy, and when you walk by reason you make faith obsolete!"
- The prophet Chuck Pierce has issued a new prophetic message: "The confrontation of the enemy is at hand. You must be filled with praise to enter into that conflict ahead. War is stirring in your midst. War is rising."
- Disgraced for FBI agent John Guandolo says radical Islam must be crushed: "What stopped the Nazis was we killed and crushed them on the field of battle. What stopped the Communists is we did the same thing on the fields of battle in places where the Soviet Communists were supporting actual warfare ... We need to find the Islamic movement anywhere it is, including in the United States, and crush it and defeat it now."
- Finally, Bryan Fischer was hard at work today crafting the narrative that Michael Brown was a "menacing" giant who was justifiably killed for assaulting a police officer.
- Bryan Fischer has a simple solution to the crisis in Iraq: just kill the leader of ISIS. Gee, why didn't anybody ever think of that before?
- Once again, FRC prays against gay marriage: "Pray that each member of the 6th Circuit Court will uphold voters in these states, their constitutional amendments, the natural law and the Law of God when they rule. When this matter reaches them, may the U.S. Supreme Court reject the idea that a right to same-sex marriage can be found in the U.S. Constitution and that it overrides the will of the people."
- Laurie Higgins warns against gender neutral bathrooms: "Their ultimate goal is not to have these special single-stall restrooms. Biological males who wish they were females want to use the female restroom. And they want to compel everyone to participate in a fiction."
- James Robison says America has one choice: "We can live in freedom under God or in bondage under any other source, which amounts to a modern-day Pharaoh."
- Mat Staver says that President Obama is now targeting churches but that "with God’s help and the faithful prayers of His people, we can turn back the destruction of our culture by anti-Christian forces. Please help advance the mobilization efforts of pastors and patriots now – in advance of the 2014 elections."
- Tony Perkins, Rick Scarborough, Mike Huckabee, Sen. Ted Cruz, and the Benham Brothers will all be teaming up for a "Star Spangled Sunday" event on September 14.
- Jennifer LeClaire has a warning: "Satan's army is highly organized and his human followers are rallying the troops. Satanists are actively working to get monuments erected to the false god they serve even while others kill in his name. The prince of the power of the air is no longer willing to work behind the scenes in our media. He wants a place of prominence in our culture."
- According to Gordon Klingenschmitt, not putting Bibles in hotels located on Naval bases is "a violation of every sailor's right" to have a Bible.
- Lee Duigon proclaims that "the teachers’ unions, the homosexual activists, the atheist militants, the abortion fans who chant 'Hail, Satan,' and the statist schmucks who staff 'human rights' agencies really are the enemy."
- Finally, when you own your own network like Glenn Beck does, there is nobody who can tell you not to spend an entire segment of your radio program delivering a teary-eyed monologue in between verses of "America The Beautiful."
- Tony Perkins is furious that the National Republican Congressional Committee is supporting three gay Republican candidates.
- Speaking of Perkins, he, Anne Graham Lotz, Richard Land, and others will be heading to Israel next week as part of a "Christians in Solidarity with Israel" trip being sponsored by the National Religious Broadcasters.
- Allen West headlined last night's Family-PAC fundraiser (the AFA's Sandy Rios is the PAC's VP.)
- It is nice to see other right wing "historians" mindlessly repeating David Barton's nonsense: "In fact, George Washington and Alexander Hamilton, both signers of the Constitution, pointed to Jeremiah 17:9 as an underlying principle for the separation of powers provided for in that document."
- Do you suppose that Comcast's refusal to carry Glenn Beck's The Blaze network might have anything to do with this campaign he has started to oppose the company's merger with Time Warner?
- Finally, James Robison has had enough! "Call me any name you wish. Put any misrepresentation or so-called 'politically correct' label on me—but I am declaring America is being encouraged to believe and embrace lies…to support them, to cast aside our founders’ principles—including God’s Word and eternal truths—and submit to the bondage of an out-of-control state. The federal government and deceived representatives are forcing legislation, policies, and practices on American citizens, demanding that our tax dollars—our money, which God has trusted to our watchcare—be used to support worthless, godless, freedom-damaging policies, programs, and laws. This nonsense—this insanity—has to stop…and stop now! Americans must come to their senses and reject this idolatry. We must refuse to bow to any false god or to trust it as our source. Not Pharaoh, not Saul, not Nebuchadnezzar, not Babylon, not Rome, not emperors, not kings, not monarchies, not Washington or Uncle Sam. Only God!"
- Cindy Jacobs' United States Reformation Prayer Network is launching a "21-day intercessory initiative" to stop corruption in America.
- Matt Barber claims that he is now wanted for hate crimes in Canada.
- If you were thinking that Jonathan Cahn's prophetic "Harbinger" warnings couldn't get any more ridiculous, you were wrong.
- Ralph Reed tells Gordon Klingenschmitt that his Faith and Freedom Coalition will be bigger than the Christian Coalition in its heyday and is currently signing up a thousand new members a day.
- A good question: "Is Deadly Ebola Outbreak the First Bowl of ‘Revelation’ Judgment?""
- Focus on the Family's Bruce Hausknecht is hopeful that the Supreme Court will redeem itself and restore its credibility by refusing to recognize gay marriage when it finally gets a chance to rule on the issue.
- Finally, Peter LaBarbera is not happy that President Obama made a video appearance at the Gay Games: "Obama couldn’t care less what God and the Bible say about sodomy. But no matter how cool the Left and ‘gay’ activists try to make homosexual behavior, it will always be detestable in the eyes of our Creator."
Republican-aligned groups failed in their effort to remove three Tennessee Supreme Court justices from the bench.
Concerned Women for America laments that more and more courts have found “that a fundamental right to marry encompasses the right to same-sex ‘marriage.’”
Mark Biltz sees a message in the blood moons: “All these signs, coming together at one time, are potentially the culminating signals that God is closing this chapter of human history. This could be the final curtain call before the Great Tribulation mentioned in the Bible.”
Rand Paul first said he fled an encounter with a Dreamer activist because he had to go to an interview, but now he claims it was because he’s “not interested in being filmed and berated by people who broke the law and are here illegally to try and convince me about policy.”
Tea Party groups join the purported Democratic conspiracy to impeach Obama!
Anyone surprised that the Religious Right movie “Persecuted” is now sponsoring Todd Starnes’ commentaries?
God told Cliven Bundy to “disarm” the government so we don’t “face these same guns in a civil war,” says Cliven Bundy.
Steve Deace mocks John Boehner: “I guess all the Tea Party leaders I’ve had on my nationally syndicated radio show calling for President Barack Obama’s impeachment the past 16 months were tools of ‘a scam started by Democrats,’ and they didn’t even know it.”
Todd Starnes BURNS President Obama: “President Obama wrote in an op-ed for McClatchy News Service that we have a moral obligation to support Africa's progress. What about supporting America's progress, Mr. President?”
Rep. Mo Brooks, an Alabama Republican, claims Democrats have launched a “war on whites.”
A spokesman for the National Republican Senatorial Committee is quite upset that Democrats are pointing out GOP opposition to abortion rights.
Mississippi state senator Chris McDaniel is still demanding that the GOP give him the nomination for U.S. Senate after losing the runoff election.
Bryan Fischer repeats his belief that the First Amendment doesn’t apply to Jews, Muslims, Mormons or any non-Christian person.
Frank Gaffney worries Central American kids at the border will “likely to fall into the hands of drug gangs and jihadists.”
WND muses that watching far-right House members sink a border bill was a “moment that might remind one of a scene from a Frank Capra film.”
- Get ready! "Homosexual Re-Education Camps Set to Begin."
- Harry Jackson calls for a boycott of "Black Jesus."
- Bert Farias can't quite understand why people were upset when he said that gays were possessed by smelly demons.
- Citizens for Community Values is holding "Four Days of Prayer for Marriage" before the 6th Circuit Court of Appeals hears arguments against Ohio's gay marriage ban.
- David Wasserman says Lenar Whitney is "the most frightening candidate I’ve met in seven years interviewing congressional hopefuls."
- Finally, Phyllis Schlafly longs for the good old days when we "used to teach women to be smart and not go alone to a man’s bedroom, especially if she has had too much to drink" unlike today "where mixed signals confuse men into sex that a woman can later call assault."
- Julio Severo has produced a devastating exposé on us: "Does PFAW endorse forcing Russian children to be exposed to the immoral and nasty gay propaganda? Does PFAW endorse pedophilia?"
- OneMillionMoms vs Guinness.
- Linda Harvey has now released a study guide designed to be used with her book "Maybe He's Not Gay: Another View on Homosexuality."
- Phyllis Schlafly rails against "feminist biology."
- Peter LaBarbera says "the Obama administration is obsessed now with promoting homosexuality and gender confusion across the world."
- Finally, enjoy this lovely song from Tea Party activist Lloyd Marcus: VIDEO
- Do you have $10 a month that you want to waste? Why not subscribe to Sarah Palin's internet news channel which she will probably just decide to quit running about halfway through?
- Wayne Allyn Root warns that "if we do not secure this border, our entire country in endangered by poverty, by crime, by drugs, and by terrorism."
- "Coach" Dave Daubenmire wants everyone to know that President Obama and his supporters are intentionally seeking to destroy America.
- Laura Ingraham is "keeping an open mind about running for office in the future."
- Finally, Joni Ernst, the Republican Senate nominee in Iowa, seems to think that states have the power to nullify federal laws that they don't like.
- Republican Rep. David Jolly of Florida is under fire from anti-gay activists for his "act of cowardice and a betrayal" in supporting marriage equality.
- Gov. Bobby Jindal's office is preventing Louisiana's state board of education from hiring a lawyer so that it can't sue him for trying to kill Common Core in the state.
- Mat Staver says that not allowing the promotion of ex-gay therapy on college campuses is "absolute pure evil."
- We love BarbWire because it runs stories with titles like "More Gaystapo Obaminations."
- Finally, Florida state senator Alan Hays plans "to introduce a bill that would make Dinesh D'Souza's docudrama, America, required viewing for most teenagers in the state."
- The Center for Immigration Studies is distancing itself from Stephen Steinlight after he said that being hung and drawn and quartered was too good for President Obama.
- Meriam Ibrahim has finally been allowed to leave Sudan.
- FRC prays against ENDA: "May God's people pray and arise to take action! May the next Congress and President act to protect all who hold to the Faith of our Fathers, and reverse the activist homosexual agenda in every branch of Government!"
- These differing views must certainly make for spirited discussions at Graham family gatherings.
- Ralph Reed's Faith and Freedom Coalition will be hosting an exclusive conference call with Sen. Ted Cruz next week.
- Finally, here is Sen. Cruz hanging out with demon-obsessed anti-gay exorcist Gordon Klingenschmitt: