- Focus on the Family has denounced End Times fanatic Rick Wiles over his comments that "Ebola could solve America’s problems with atheism, homosexuality, sexual promiscuity, pornography and abortion."
- Religious Right activists continue to freak out over the situation in Houston.
- Linda Harvey will be joining Michael Brown and Stephen Black as speakers at Peter LaBarbera's upcoming banquet.
- Oh good, the Christian film studio behind "God Is Not Dead" is planning a sequel.
- Finally, BarbWire really is becoming a repository of truly radical pieces, including articles approvingly citing Steven Anderson, an Arizona pastor who literally calls for gays to be put to death.
- Mike Huckabee will be taking eighteen pastors from Iowa on an all-expenses paid "Reagan, Thatcher, Pope John Paul II Tour" through Europe and Religious Right organizer/Christian nationalist David Lane will be footing the bill.
- The Blaze's Dana Loesch is freaking out over Ebola: "Stop it! People, stop trying to prove to everyone that there is no reason to panic. There IS a reason to panic!"
- Billy Graham says that "America is just as wicked as Sodom and Gomorrah ever were, and as deserving of the judgment of God."
- Bryan Fischer addressed our post pointing out the AFA's inconsistency on the First Amendment by not addressing the point we made whatsoever.
- Finally, Bill Muehlenberg declares: "Godless communists and secular Nazis saw the importance of controlling the churches with an iron grip. The homosexual Nazis have learned well from the past, and are now happy to operate in the same fashion."
- Peter LaBarbera was supposed to go back to Canada for another anti-gay conference, but the site that was to host it (a funeral home!) has backed out.
- The National Draft Ben Carson for President Committee has raised over $10 million this year. You will not be surprised to learn that Vernon Robinson, the organization's director, is a bit of a crackpot.
- Kudos to BarbWire.com for being willing to run one of those rare articles defending Bashar al-Assad against charges of war crimes and crimes against humanity.
- Beware! "Oklahoma Beheading Brings Behemoth Spirit to America."
- Robert Knight encourages Republicans to make Ebola a campaign issue in the final weeks before the election.
- Finally, Bryan Fischer says that Houston Mayor Annise Parker is a "Gruppenfuhrer in the Gay Gestapo."
- After months of controversy, megachurch pastor Mark Driscoll has resigned.
- Rick Santorum says that "I’m doing everything right now as if I’m running" for president.
- Laurie Higgins says that moderate Republicans must be defeated at the ballot box because otherwise "the Democratic wing of the Republican Party will grow. It’s a ravenous beast devouring the squishy, spineless, chestless, tasteless, bootless bodies of conservatives."
- E.W. Jackson is launching a new movement designed to protect Christians from "growing hostility, discrimination and anti-Christian bigotry."
- Finally, Dan Snyder seems to think that having Glenn Beck on his side will somehow help his effort to save the name of his football team.
- Jan Markell is "disgusted" that Sen. Al Franken appears poised to win re-election: "Franken is nothing but a stooge for Barack Obama. I believe his voting record is either 99 percent or 100 percent. He's a useful idiot for Barack Obama, and conservative people here in Minnesota are thoroughly disgusted. But he will win again because this is the People's Republic of Minnesota."
- Oh no! "30-Year Muslim Plan To Control America Has Six Years To Go."
- Is anyone surprised that "Coach" Dave Daubenmire is an anti-vaxxer?
- Malala Yousafzai has become the youngest ever Nobel Peace Prize winner, so presumably Glenn Beck and crew will have a good laugh over the absurd idea that anyone has any idea who she is.
- Finally, FRC prays, once again, against gay marriage: "Father, please build faith in your people to pray and believe for an ultimate victory for biblical marriage in America. Those who do not know you are blind. Send sweeping revival among your churches and an awakening of biblical faith that saturates those who do not know you, in every 'mountain' of culture in our nation - bring heartfelt repentance and a recommitment to the things that are important to you - including marriage. May our judges and legislators courageously defend marriage; and shake off the curse they are bringing upon our nation. Cause our highest court to grant Idaho a permanent stay; to review these and other marriage cases and to affirm the constitutional right of states to decide who is qualified to marry under their own state law."
- James Dobson says that "the preservation of the family is the Cause for which I was born. I knew it when I was 20 years old."
- James Robison warns people to vote properly: "Whatever political banner you may wave, you need the banner of the Lord and the principles of Almighty God or you are going nowhere but down. The way up is God. The way out is Divine Direction."
- A bunch of anti-gay Religious Right activists are so anti-gay that they are urging other anti-gay Republicans to vote for a Democrat over a gay Republican.
- Linda Harvey fumes over advances in gay rights: "Vicious attacks have been launched by the Human Rights Campaign, the Southern Poverty Law Center and others against brave, compassionate, truthful Christian brothers like Peter LaBarbera, Dr. Scott Lively, Dr. Michael Brown and organizations like American Family Association and Family Research Council. Isn’t it obvious, isn’t this revelation enough, that the poison 'fruit' of homosexual advocacy is ripening in today’s America, revealing lies and oppression, and it stinks to high heaven?"
- NOM likewise fumes over the success of gay marriage: "This is not democracy: it is judicial tyranny ... [M]arriage is on the ropes, and our principles of government are taking a beating as well."
- Finally, read all about the Palin family's drunken brawl.
- Right wing activist and donor Philip Zodhiates pleaded not guilty today to charges stemming from his role in the Lisa Miller kidnapping case.
- Gov. Sam Brownback blames the media and liberals for the fact that his economic policies are failing.
- Bob Ellis calls on people to refuse to abide by court rulings in favor of gay marriage: "[I]f 'we the people' do not rise up and use every means at our disposal to restore law and morality to our land, we will be as complicit in the evil of these lawless judges and officials as those officials themselves."
- Similarly, NOM's John Eastman calls for "a constitutional amendment to overturn these decisions."
- Phyllis Schlafly says President Obama isn’t banning travel from countries with Ebola because "his proclaimed goal is the fundamental transformation of the United States to make us more like other countries."
- Finally, Janet Porter has an op-ed explaining why she will not be voting for John Kasich and a new video encouraging people to vote him out of office for refusing to support her "Heartbeat Bill" legislation:
- Mychal Massie says that he
could cite dozens of examples "in which Obama openly shows concern for evil terrorists, Muslims, and black ghetto trash while he
glaringly ignores the welfare of Americans."
- Bobby Jindal is "thinking and praying" about whether he
should run for president in 2016.
- If you ignore the poor box office performance and terrible reviews, the
new "Left Behind" movie has been a smash hit!
- Franklin Graham tells Glenn Beck about God's miraculous intervention in saving an America doctor stricken with Ebola.
- Finally, Bryan Fischer continues to fume about yesterday's Supreme Court decision: "The justices have run America’s ship of state
full speed into the rock of God’s unchanging truth. That ship of state will break apart long before the rock of the word of God
does. This ruling is not just a judicial travesty. It is a national tragedy. May God have mercy on the United States of
- Speaker John Boehner does not seem too concerned about the effort by anti-gay Religious Right groups to mobilize voters against gay Republican candidate Carl DeMaio.
- Glenn Beck doesn't understand why nobody believes his new peace, love, and understanding message: "Why can’t we stop calling each other names? I know this is hard for many people to swallow from me. I do not claim to be perfect. In fact far from it. But everyone needs to start somewhere. I am trying to change my ways and be a better man. It begins with listening to others and not claiming to have all of the answers. It begins with humility and a willingness to admit to being wrong."
- It is amazing that Dinesh D'Souza is actually treated as a serious intellectual by those on the Right.
- Jan Markell does not have much faith in government efforts to convince American Muslims not to go overseas to fight jihad: "This is liberalism run amok. When liberalism gets away with these kinds of things, eventually there's going to be carnage on a mass scale, because they are willing to look the other way because of political correctness."
- Gina Loudon warns that "the Democrats need the illegal vote to win in 2016, because they can’t win with only the vote of the American people. And they will win at any cost, even if it means Americans are infected with Third-World diseases ... This is no longer about Republicans versus Democrats. The midterm elections are about life versus death. This election and the 2016 election have become about one party that respects freedom and life, and one that thinks you are not only stupid, but expendable."
- Finally, here are "9 Prophetic Keys for Binding the Homosexual Spirit."
- Catholic leaders have now exorcised the Oklahoma City Civic Center Music Hall following the recent performance of a satanic "black mass."
- If reelected to the Senate this year, Lindsey Graham says he'll start exploring a bid to run for president in 2016.
- Bryan Fischer reiterates his pseudo-scientific belief that AIDS is not caused by HIV.
- Another day, another book about how America is under God's judgment.
- Noted legal scholar Peter LaBarbera takes on Judge Richard Posner over the latter's ignorance regarding the existence of ex-gays.
- Finally, David Horowitz has a warning: "The terrorists are going to walk across [the border] and start blowing people up. And I think that's going to happen sooner rather than later. And every American that dies in those terrorist attacks, Democrats are responsible."
- Scott Lively declares that "I am sort of a Winston Churchill type of figure."
- Tea Party Nation is pretty sure that the Obama administration "wants Ebola here."
- Matt Barber says that gay activists
"need to lighten up and take a step back": "Christians aren’t 'discriminating' against you because of your
'sexual orientation.' We just refuse to endorse sinful lifestyles, behaviors, messages or events. And guess what. It’s our
constitutional right to do so. The First Amendment trumps your newfangled 'sexual orientation non-discrimination laws.' Yet even
if it didn’t, God’s law supersedes man’s law."
- FRC prays that God will "cause the messages delivered at VVS to 'go viral' between now and Nov. 4 and may they
radically impact the way people vote!"
- Finally, James Robison warns that "the recent beheadings in the Middle East and in our
homeland reveal far more than the horrific deeds of a terrorist group. It actually reveals the evil intent of Satan
- Michele Bachmann warns that President Obama is "going to give full-scale amnesty to millions of illegal aliens, which by the way would include terrorists who are currently in this country who came in illegally."
- Glenn Beck's new theory is that the U.S. bombed the Khorasan Group in order to help Iran.
- Bryan Fischer asserts that if Justices Kagan and Ginsburg do not recuse themselves from cases involving marriage equality, they will be "committing a federal crime."
- Alex McFarland says that efforts to pass a constitutional amendment regulating money in politics are "driving America down the path of a socialist leftist agenda that will result in our kids and grandkids living in a socialist utopia that is free for no one."
- Finally, Charisma's Jennifer LeClaire warns that "the prince of the power of the air is celebrating his success this week using media to promote the gay agenda and subtly indoctrinate a generation with the message 'it's OK to be gay'."
- Mark Creech calls upon GOP presidential hopefuls to "Kiss The Son," by which he means they are to "welcome Christ, to honor him, to love him, to be unashamed of him and his sovereignty over all things" in their run for office.
- Charles Dunn thinks Ted Cruz ought to sit out the 2016 presidential race because "he's not been around long enough to have built a substantial organization nationally." Of course, Dunn also thinks that Ben Carson would be a great vice-presidential candidate, so maybe nobody should trust his judgment.
- Anti-Islam activist Robert Spencer says that even if President Obama approves the use of ground troops against ISIS, "he'll hamstring them with rules of engagement that will make it impossible for them to win anyway."
- Ron Paul wants to see more secessionist movements in the U.S.
- Tony Perkins says social conservatives are eager to unite behind one GOP presidential contender early in the process in an effort to avoid diluting their power.
- Finally, Bryan Fischer explains that the recent breach of the White House is proof that God did not design women to serve in the Secret Service.
- Tom Minnery of CitizenLink says that Religious Right groups are urging people not to vote for Republican candidates who support marriage equality to send the GOP a message that "social conservatives are people who will not be taken for granted."
- Rush Limbaugh and Chuck Norris think that Eric Holder resigned in order to position himself for a Supreme Court nomination.
- The Foundation for Moral Law, started by Roy Moore, is joining the right-wing campaign to demand that Justices Elena Kagan and Ruth Bader Ginsburg recuse themselves from any case involving marriage equality.
- Republican congressional candidate Zach Dasher stands by his statement that atheism was partially responsible for the Sandy Hook massacre: "These children that were killed in Connecticut were made for a purpose and to be honest with you even the killer himself was made for a purpose he was made in the image of God. But somewhere along the way he believed what the atheist says. He reduced humanity to nothing more than a collection of atoms to be discarded like an old banana peel.”
- Finally, "Coach" Dave Daubenmire is furious about efforts to "effeminize football" and "effeminize manhood" by harping on the Ray Rice domestic violence scandal:
- The National Organization for Marriage, Family Research Council Action, and CitizenLink have announced that they are launching a joint campaign to urge voters not
to support Republican House candidates Carl DeMaio in California and Richard Tisei in Massachusetts, or US Senate candidate
Monica Wehby in Oregon because of their support for marriage equality.
- FRC prays that the
upcoming Values Voter Summit "will be life and nation-changing!"
- Is anyone surprised
that the Duggars do not celebrate Halloween? "Magic, sorcery, witches, spell-casting and the like are all part
of the demonic realm that God wants us to stay away from. One specific thing that our parents have always been careful about
is magic, which often shows up in children's movies. As harmless as it may seem, it's not a joke in God's
- Peter LaBarbera blames support for marriage equality on a brainwashing campaign
being carried out by the media.
- Finally, Bryan Fischer praises Sen. Ted Cruz for "sounding like a guest host on 'Focal
- A group of Louisiana religious leaders has sent a letter to Gov. Bobby Jindal asking him not to attend the upcoming Values Voter Summit.
- Molotov Mitchell says that "Imam Hussein Obama" is being anti-Semitic when he uses the term "ISIL."
- Selena Owens declares that "for America to survive this atrocious, lawless current administration, as well as the effects of many years of bailouts, sellouts and cop-outs, godly leaders must lead America."
- A bunch of right-wing groups and activists will gather in Washington, D.C. tomorrow for the 2014 Black Conservative Summit.
- Peter LaBarbera is predictably outraged about being featured in the Human Rights Campaign's "The Export of Hate" report.
- Finally, a woman named Janna Darnelle explains how gay marriage destroyed her family because her gay husband asked for a divorce instead of simply not being gay and staying married to her.
- David Lane declares that
"until America restores the authority of the Bible in public education and the town square, our freedom hangs in the
- Glenn Beck reveals that he was one approached about
being a contestant on "Dancing With The Stars." Sadly, he said "no."
Camenker says that "Elizabeth Warren is just sort of an empty skirt."
Richard Viguerie blasts that "the national leadership of
the Republican Party for failing to nationalize the 2014 midterm election and missing a once in a lifetime opportunity to
brand the Democratic Party as the party of government and blame Obama and the Democrats for its failures."
- Cal Thomas has donated his personal
papers to Liberty University.
- Finally, Scott Lively reveals that his" Campaign Manager is the
Holy Spirit, and He has His own plan and purposes for my run for Governor of Massachusetts."
- Glenn Beck writes another long and rambling note to his viewers.
- Sheriff Joe Arpaio declares, "Our country is under attack. And Barack Obama is the aggressor."
- Janet Porter gets in on the "Justice Ginsburg must recuse herself" nonsense.
- Todd Starnes and Kirk Cameron together at the same Creationism conference!
- Finally, Stacy Swimp says that gays have no right to marriage under the 14th Amendment because marriage was defined by God and the government has no right to redefine it.
- "Coach" Dave Daubenmire tells his audience that they need to own a gun because social unrest is coming, but he doesn't "want to get into the debate whether or not you're going to have to shoot a law enforcement officer."
- Laurie Higgins argues that the Ray Rice domestic violence scandal shows why women in the military should not be allowed to serve in combat.
- Paul Vallely believes that President Obama should resign because "he has no capability of leading this country at this time."
- We will probably be hearing a lot from Rifqa Bary in the coming months, as she'll soon have a book to promote.
- Even the kids in Utah know that gay marriage is wrong: "One 8-year-old put marker to paper to make clear why she supported opposite-sex unions. She wrote 'God made two genders for a reason. Adam and Eve, not Eve and Eve or Adam and Adam. Get it right! It’s Adam and Eve.'"
- Finally, we are looking forward to seeing David Barton, Rick Scarborough, Tony Perkins, Jim Garlow, Sandy Rios, Lila Rose and others come together next month for iPledgeSunday.
- Oh good. Former half-term governor Sarah Palin will speak at next week's Values Voter Summit.
- FRC prays: "May strong pro-life men and women be elected this November just weeks from now!"
- BarbWire is really giving WND a run for its money as the Right's premier source for insane content.
- George Soros is behind everything.
- Finally, Bryan Fischer spent two segments on his radio program today calling for the reinstatement of DADT, citing a recent GQ article about male-on-male sexual assault in the military. The article, of course, explicitly notes that such assaults have nothing to do with homosexuality: "'One of the myths is that the perpetrators identify as gay, which is by and large not the case,' says James Asbrand, a psychologist with the Salt Lake City VA's PTSD clinical team. 'It's not about the sex. It's about power and control.'"