People For the American Way is a national progressive advocacy organization dedicated to making the promise of America real for every American: Equality. Freedom of Speech. Freedom of Religion. The right to seek justice in a court of law. The right to cast a vote that counts. The American Way.
As part of the communication team, this position will work with other staff to build PFAW’s visual brand. The graphic designer will collaborate with communications and program staff to create reports, infographics, web graphics, advertisements, marketing materials, email designs and printed materials. The position requires strong print design experience and proficiency with Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop.
- Design, layout, and produce reports and other publications for print and online presentation.
- Work with print vendors to produce printed materials.
- Create digital graphics for use on websites and in email campaigns, social media, and online advertising.
- Work with development team to create materials for donors and fundraising events.
- Excellent creative skills and a strong visual design sense
- Strong knowledge of industry-standard design software, including Adobe CS3+ of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign.
- Experience with a variety of print formats, typography, graphics and layout with the ability to set organizational standards for color, layout, and template development.
- Knowledge of print production including the ability to generate print-ready end documents and demonstrated experience using specialized printing techniques.
- Understanding of XHTML, CSS, and web standards.
- Willingness to work campaign-style hours when needed.
- Ability to manage competing priorities.
- B.A. or equivalent degree in graphic design or at least 2 years professional design experience.
- Portfolio of samples relevant to the responsibilities described above.
- Commitment to People For the American Way’s core mission and to working in a collaborative, team driven environment.
To apply: Please send a resume, cover letter and brief portfolio of graphic and video work to People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Email to email@example.com.
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.