People For the American Way is a national advocacy organization dedicated to making the promise of America real for every American: Equality. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. The right to seek justice in a court of law. The right to cast a vote that counts. The American Way.
This position will provide support service to members, support various functions of direct mail marketing program, and assist in donor data management. This position reports to the Director of Development Operations and works closely Director of Membership and On-Line Strategies as well as all members of the Development Department. This position is located in Washington, DC.
- Primary point of contact for all mail, phone and email contact regarding membership contributions, personal handling, and general organizational inquiries; review and distribute emails, phone calls and mail to appropriate staff member for response
- Update and maintain donor information in the membership and online database
- Process membership contributions including researching and providing instructions regarding white mail, incomplete donations forms, and soft crediting
- Coordinate donation acknowledgement process, producing special handling acknowledgements in-house and working with mail shop to produce bulk acknowledgements
- Produce and distribute reports in support of fundraising tracking and analysis including daily deposit logs, weekly fulfillment reports, and monthly financials
- Execute batch processing including processing online and other contribution batches; key individual receipt batches as needed
- Work with Database Manager to maintain data quality and track database coding
- Support the sustaining contributors program through mailing monthly statements, contacting donors to correct pledge payment errors, making thank you calls and distributing welcome packets to new sustainers
- Maintain inventory of all membership materials, including letterhead, welcome packets, membership ID cards, congressional directories, and other collateral materials. Work with administration department and outside vendors to order materials as necessary
- Assist with the direct mail production process, including proofreading and quality control
- Assist with charitable state registrations including timely response to requests for information or processing
- Assure samples of all direct mail are received and organized
- Assist with other department projects and organizational activities, as needed
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills
- Database skills required including familiarity with using Access, Excel, and SQL
- Ability to work effectively in fast paced environment, be well organized and effectively manage competing priorities and frequent deadlines
- Discretion and mature judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Ability to work both independently and under supervision
- 1 – 2 years relevant work experience preferred
- Interest in development activities, and commitment to progressive causes desirable
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to: Human Resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005; email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer