Later this year, far-right Colorado radio host and homeschooling activist Kevin Swanson will be attempting to expand his national profile by organizing a “National Religious Liberties Conference” in Des Moines, Iowa.
Since Swanson believes that homosexuality should be punished by death and frequently claims that liberals are using things like the movie Frozen and Girl Scout cookies to make children gay, we hoped that even this year’s field of Republican presidential candidates would think twice before showing up at his conference.
But apparently that was too much to ask.
Steve Deace, a conservative Iowa radio host who frequently interviews GOP presidential candidates and is scheduled to speak at Swanson’s conference, spoke with Swanson about the conference last week and announced just that Ben Carson has already agreed to attend the event and that “Bobby Jindal is planning on being there.”
Deace’s statement followed a warning from Swanson that millions of American Christians will soon end up in prison because of advances in gay rights.
Indeed, the conference website lists Carson as a confirmed speaker.
We contacted the Carson campaign for comment but have yet to hear back.
As we’ve mentioned, Swanson’s record of extremism is truly unmatched.
Swanson, who hosts a daily “Generations Radio” broadcast from his basement in Colorado, not only believes gay people and their allies should be put to death, but also thinks that women are causing floods by wearing pants.
Swanson on homosexuality:
- Boycotts Girl Scout cookies because they “promote lesbianism” and “I don’t want my little girl turning into a lesbian.”
- Discussed whether the Rose Bowl should include a float where a gay person is stoned to death.
- Lamented that these days country singer Kacey Musgraves wasn’t lynched for her “promotion of homosexuality” through song.
- Urged people to hold up signs telling gay couples to die on their wedding day.
- Defended a Ugandan measure to make homosexuality a criminal offense punishable by life imprisonment or the death penalty, saying he was glad the country was “standing strong” by adopting extreme anti-gay laws.
- Agreed that gay marriage is like the Sandy Hook school massacre.
- Wanted America to have anti-gay laws “much like what the Pilgrims had” (who believed that homosexuality should be punishable by death, banishment and whippings) and enforce biblical law “that says that homosexuals should be put to death.”
And there’s more!
- Hurricanes Sandy and Katrina were divine punishments of “pro-homosexual” cities.
- Presbyterians embraced Satan by supporting gay rights.
- When will the Boy Scouts will adopt a “sodomy merit badge”?
- “Sodomite schools” are pushing child abuse and “homosexual forms of laboratories.”
- Homosexuality is a “disease.”
- Democrats want to “make sure everybody is committing homosexual acts .”
- “We have to draw lines ourselves and encourage the civil magistrate to prosecute homosexuality, especially public acts of homosexuality.”
- “Allowing [children] to be raised in these homosexual families is going to be one of the most devastating things we have ever seen in the history of mankind.”
Swanson on women:
- Women who use birth control have “little tiny fetuses, these little babies … embedded into the womb,” meaning that the “wombs of women who have been on the birth control pill effectively have become graveyards for lots and lots of little babies.”
- Feminists are “destroying society” alongside “the homosexuals.”
- Gonorrhea is God’s punishment for single women having sex.
- Helping women in Kenya own their own cows will “obliterate” the family.
Swanson on pop culture:
- Frozen is a demonic movie meant to “indoctrinate my 5-year-old to be a lesbian.”
- Beyoncé is possessed by demons.
- Mark Twain was possessed by demons.
- The Beatles spread a “demonic approach to things.”
- Taylor Swift, Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry sing “demon songs.”
- Katniss Everdeen is a “little girl anarchist.”
- Halloween is a celebration of the victims of Noah’s flood.
- William Shakespeare ruined America by planting the “seedbeds for homosexual themes and homosexual behavior.”
Swanson on other topics:
- Obamacare will create death camps.
- President Obama is a Muslim.
- Abraham Lincoln was a communist.
- Caitlyn Jenner is a pawn of Satan.
- Desmond Tutu “hates Jesus.”