The Annual Giving Coordinator is an integral part of People For the American Way’s vibrant and growing membership program to recruit, renew, and upgrade annual donors. The Annual Giving Coordinator helps implement our multi-channel fundraising efforts (mail, telemarketing, and online), and will work closely with the membership and major gifts teams to develop and implement a dedicated strategy for cultivating and stewarding our mid-level donor tier ($500-$5,000).
The Annual Giving Coordinator reports to the Vice President for Constituent Engagement and works closely with both major gifts and planned giving staff. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
- Collaborate on direct mail and telemarketing messaging and strategy development
- Coordinate internal copy and art review process, including program staff and legal review, proofreading, and data hygiene
- Manage marketing calendar and coordinate with external vendors to ensure we meet deadlines
- Oversee the sustaining member program, using best practices to retain and upgrade sustaining donors and grow the program
- Help develop and implement multi-channel direct-response marketing strategies to recruit and engage mid-level donors to maximize revenue, including a high-touch direct mail program for mid-level and major donors
- Manage a portfolio of approximately 500 mid-level donors and builds relationships via phone calls, personalized email communications, ongoing written contact, and small events
- Assist with cultivation of potential major gifts and planned giving prospects, helping to build a robust donor pipeline that feeds both programs
- Coordinate donation acknowledgement process, including assigning daily personalized thank you outreach for midlevel and major gifts, preparing and sending personalized letters in house, and working with outside mail shop to produce bulk acknowledgements
- Communicate regularly with program staff to maintain awareness of People For programs and activities in order to effectively communicate about our work with donors
- Maintain accurate and complete records of all donor communications and prepare regular reports on campaign activities
- Help set, track, and report on program budget goals and KPIs
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 3-5 years fundraising experience (or equivalent combination of education/experience); experience with direct-response programs and personal cultivation preferred
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel (including mail merge) and fundraising databases
- Outgoing personality with ability to enjoy direct communication with donors and prospects and the ability to collaborate with other staff and external vendors
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills including experience in reviewing direct mail appeals, acknowledgment letters, emails, and other similar correspondence; experience as a detailed proofreader
- Ability to handle simultaneous projects and manage competing deadlines
- Discretion and mature judgment in handling sensitive and confidential information
- Commitment to People For’s core mission
To apply send resume and statement of interest to: Human Resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.