People For the American Way is a national organization dedicated to defending constitutional rights under attack by the Trump administration and the far Right. We are deeply engaged in campaigns ranging from protecting the Supreme Court to engaging Latino voters in elections to fighting attacks on racial and gender equity. As a key member of the communications team, this position oversees the production of People For’s content—including opinion pieces, blog posts, podcast episodes, annual reports, and more. The position is located in Washington, DC and reports to the vice president for communications and research.
- Draft op-eds, blog posts, letters to the editor, website copy, talking points, annual reports, and other materials.
- Edit all content for the organizational blog, op-eds drafted by other staff, and social media content.
- Produce weekly organizational podcast, “The Progressive Happy Hour,” including booking guests, drafting scripts, and working with an audio engineer.
- Work directly with People For’s senior leadership team to develop the organization’s content strategies.
- Ensure public facing communications comply with style guidelines.
- Build productive relationships with opinion editors at a range of outlets.
- Ensure accuracy of People For’s content, including fact-checking when needed.
- Coordinate with other members of the communications and research team—and across the organization—on written pieces and other content.
- Superb writing and editing skills, including the ability to write in multiple voices and for different audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to keep many projects and products organized and moving forward simultaneously.
- Demonstrated concern for detail and accuracy.
- Experience with graphic design as well as audio and video editing is a plus, but not required.
- Deep commitment to progressive values.
- Interest in working in a fast-paced, dynamic, and collaborative environment.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while opposing individuals and movements working tirelessly to destroy everything you hold dear.
- College degree required.
- Three to five years of relevant career experience.
To apply, send a resume and cover letter to: Human Resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.