People For the American Way is a progressive advocacy organization dedicated to defending constitutional rights and promoting the values of citizen participation, freedom of expression, freedom of religion and equal opportunity for all. Current campaigns include exposing radical right-wing political influence, fighting the corrupting influence of money in politics, advocating for marriage equality, and combatting efforts to create a more conservative judiciary.
The Development Database Coordinator works to advance PFAW’s mission by transforming data into actionable information for fundraising and activism as an integral member of a close-knit, coordinated fundraising team. The Database Coordinator supports the integration of diverse data streams and delivers targeted, high-value information for a complex fundraising strategy which includes direct-response marketing program across mail, telemarketing, and online channels, as well as high-touch major gifts, events, foundation, and planned giving programs. This position reports to the Director of Development Operations and is located in Washington, DC.
- Understand the information needs of organizational stakeholders, the available data resources, and key tools.
- Translate data into user-friendly reporting and analysis by executing reports, script queries, and automated information-sharing processes.
- Work with Direct Marketing Team and vendors to ensure accurate, timely data for fundraising campaigns.
- Integrate data through monitoring synchronizations, file import/export, and record updates.
- Compile statistics for fundraising and activism campaigns.
- Ensure data accuracy, hygiene, and security.
- Document procedures and events within databases. Maintain a library of work accomplished.
- Assist staff in use of the database and reports.
- Assist in the implementation of improved data management products and processes.
- Provide backup to Membership Representative and other staff members as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 1-2 years work experience.
- Advanced Excel and Access skills required.
- Experience with relational databases and SQL. Fundraising or membership database familiarity preferred.
- Experience with eCRM administration.
- Interest or experience in fundraising required; nonprofit experience desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple priorities and frequent deadlines.
To apply: Send resume and statement of interest to Human Resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Email to email@example.com.
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.