The People For the American Way has retained Nonprofit HR to conduct the search for their Director of Human Resources and Inclusion.
People For the American Way and People For the American Way Foundation are national organizations dedicated to defending constitutional and civil rights and promoting the democratic values of citizen participation, freedom of expression, freedom of religion and respect for diversity. The Director of Human Resources and Inclusion is responsible for the overall administration, coordination and evaluation of the human resource function as well as responsible for developing and monitoring programs that promote diversity within the organizations. This position is located in Washington, DC and reports to the Executive Vice President /Chief Operating Officer.
- Develops and administers various human resource plans and procedures for the organizations.
- Annually reviews and makes recommendations to executive management for improvement of the organization’s policies, procedures and practices on personnel matters including polices and program to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
- Develops training schedules to educate employees and managers on recognizing, accommodating individual differences while keeping current on diversity programs and developments
- Working with outside consultants bi-annually updates the compensation program, updates job descriptions.
- Monitors the performance evaluation program and revises as necessary
- Conducts recruitment for all employees, writes and places advertisements and works with supervisors to screen and interview candidates
- Consults with in-house legal counsel on appropriate personnel matters. Working with in-house counsel ensures the compliance of all federal, state and local employment laws.
- Develops and maintains a human resource information system that meets the organizations’ personnel information needs.
- Senior level HR experience, five years or more, preferably with nonprofit, including diversity training within public interest organization;
- Demonstrated competence in administrative and financial management desirable.
- Ability for critical evaluation, communication and navigating conflict resolution
- Strong relationship building/management skills
- Excellent communications skills
- Commitment to progressive politics and interest in the issues of the People For organizations
- College degree required
Send resume, statement of interest and writing sample to: Nonprofit HR, Yvonne Rivera, Director, Talent Acquisition, email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer