People For the American Way is a national organization with over 1 million members dedicated to defending constitutional rights under attack by the Trump administration and the Right Wing and is deeply engaged in campaigns ranging from defending the Supreme Court to fighting Islamophobia to engaging Latino voters in elections. Our affiliate People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values and works to diversify the leadership of the progressive movement through its leadership programs Young People For, the Young Elected Officials Network, and the African American Ministers Leadership Council.
The External Resources Coordinator helps to plan and manage PFAW’s work to engage key cultural influencers, including artists, celebrities and creative professionals to further PFAW’s mission, win advocacy campaigns and promote progressive values.
- Plan and manage program to engage artists, celebrities and creative professionals in PFAW’s work in order to further the organization’s mission.
- Develop and implement strategies for approaching and collaborating with key influencers; serve as liaison with influencers or support others serving as point of contact as appropriate.
- Work closely with PFAW’s senior leadership and programmatic staff to identify and develop opportunities for collaboration.
- Maintain and organize calendar or other tools to structure outreach work.
- Support other staff in building strong and productive relationships with influencers.
- Assist in organizing events and creating collateral materials to introduce PFAW and its work to key influencers.
- A minimum of three to five years working in the nonprofit or political space designing and executing creative projects including online videos, graphics, written pieces, and/or live productions.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written and strong interpersonal skills.
- A keen interest in political news and sharp strategic sense.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously with sharp attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with programmatic staff to create and execute impactful advocacy campaigns.
- Deep commitment to progressive values.
- Ability to maintain perspective, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor while opposing individuals and movements working tirelessly to destroy everything you hold dear.
- College degree required.
To apply send resume and statement of interest to: Human Resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005, Email: email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.