People For the American Way Foundation is a national organization that defends constitutional and civil rights and promotes the democratic values of citizen participation, freedom of expression, freedom of religion, and respect for diversity.
The Grant Writer will be responsible for drafting and editing fundraising documents, primarily foundation proposals and reports. Foundation grants range in size from $10,000 to $1 million. The Grant Writer will also assist in managing the internal proposal submission and reporting process and coordinating with program staff. The Grant Writer works in the national office in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Senior Director of Leadership Gifts and Foundations.
- Write a variety of fundraising materials; including foundation grant proposals, letters of intent, and interim reports and concept papers.
- Maintain familiarity with PFAWF programs to facilitate the creation of proposals.
- Draft correspondence and other materials to support existing grants, including acknowledgements, interim updates, final reports, and other documents as needed.
- Coordinate/meet with program staff to gather information and data needed develop strong proposals and reports.
- Ensure grant proposals, interim updates, and final reports are submitted to funders by appropriate date. Support tracking system to maintain relevant information.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent written communication skills with attention to detail; must be able to write well and quickly on a variety of issues.
- Superior proofreading and editing skills.
- Ability to work effectively with a variety of people and to develop strong relationships with program staff
- Adept at managing multiple priorities and frequent competing deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and in collaborative environment.
- Previous development/grant writing experience required
- College degree desirable
- Experience in a public interest organization
- Interest is progressive issues and the People For issues agenda
To apply: Send resume, statement of interest and writing sample to: Human Resources, People For the American Way Foundation, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005: Email: email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way Foundation is an equal opportunity employer.