People For the American Way is a national organization with over 1 million members dedicated to defending constitutional rights under attack by the Trump administration and the Right Wing and is deeply engaged in campaigns ranging from defending the Supreme Court to fighting for racial justice to engaging Latino voters in elections. Our affiliate People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values and works to diversify the leadership of the progressive movement through its Young People For youth leadership programs and its Young Elected Officials Network.
We are hiring two Major Gift Officers to join our multichannel fundraising team and help ramp up our fundraising heading into the 2020 election cycle. The Major Gift Officers will each be responsible for qualifying and soliciting a caseload of approximately 150 donors through personal communication and in-person meetings and will work closely with the full major gifts, midlevel, and membership teams to move donors along the cultivation pipeline. This position is located in Washington, D.C., and requires at least 25% travel throughout the United States.
- Qualify a caseload of approximately 150 donors with capacity to make gifts of $5,000+
- Design and implement individual communication and cultivation plans for each donor on the caseload in order to secure, retain, and upgrade giving by matching donor interests to organizational funding opportunities
- Build strong relationships with donors in the caseload through email, phone, mail, small events, and personal visits (25-50% travel required)
- Work with program staff to develop written briefings, proposals, reports, and acknowledgements to donors and prospects
- Collaborate with development team to create coordinated cross-channel communications and cultivation strategies and work toward team goals
- Maintain timely and accurate records of donor communications and touches in CRM
- Regular reporting on progress toward budget goals and other caseload performance metrics
- 3-5 years’ experience in major gifts fundraising
- Experience with donor identification, research, and caseload qualification process
- Demonstrated experience securing 5-figure gifts
- Outgoing personality with ability to enjoy direct communication with donors and collaborate with other staff
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with ability to quickly produce compelling donor communications materials; strong proofreading skills
- Discretion and mature judgment in handling sensitive and confidential donor information
- Commitment to People For’s core mission
- Position Status: Exempt
Compensation: $60,568/year – $90,851/year
To apply: Please email an updated resume and a cover letter to [email protected].
People For the American Way Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer