People For the American Way is a national organization with over 1 million members dedicated to defending constitutional rights under attack by the Trump administration and the Right Wing and is deeply engaged in campaigns ranging from defending the Supreme Court to fighting Islamophobia to engaging Latino voters in elections. Our affiliate People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values and works to diversify the leadership of the progressive movement through its Young People For youth leadership programs and its Young Elected Officials Network.
The Major Gifts & Events Coordinator will serve as the primary staff person supporting the events and will work on all aspects of the organization’s fundraising and cultivation efforts. In addition to implementing the national event strategy including production of all event-related materials and liaison with vendors, the Major Gifts & Events Coordinator will manage a portfolio of individual donors. This position reports to the Senior Director of Leadership Gifts & Foundation Relations and is based in our Washington, D.C. office.
- Manage a portfolio of individual donors and meet set quarterly and annual goals;
- Coordinate all events for the organization including fundraising events, donor cultivation events various , and in-office events;
- Coordinate production of all event materials, including sponsor letters, invitations, programs, and other materials, as needed;
- Schedule all meetings and conference calls related to the event program.
- Schedule and participate in all trip briefings with development department staff, PFAW/F President, and staff in other departments.
- Work closely with President’s office to organize donor meetings and event-related travel in conjunction with other trips.
- Facilitate communication between the national fundraising staff and staff on site for all event-related work both before and after the event. This will include requesting invitation and attendee lists and income and expense reports, processing check requests, and updating the database.
- Coordinate all event follow-up with other staff, including mailing and production of acknowledgement letters, photographs, etc.
- Assist in other department activities, as needed
- 2-4 years of development experience is preferred; previous event planning experience is required;
- Excellent communication and donor cultivation skills;
- Strong writing and proofreading skills;
- Experience with graphic design desirable
- Well-organized and able to manage details efficiently;
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment with multiple priorities and frequent deadlines;
- Ability to work both independently and with supervision;
- Computer proficiency, including MSOffice, Outlook, and Internet tools; must have database and spreadsheet experience;
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
To apply send a resume and statement of interest to: firstname.lastname@example.org. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.