People For the American Way and its affiliate, People For the American Way Foundation, are progressive advocacy organizations founded to fight right-wing extremism and build a democratic society that implements the ideals of freedom, equality, opportunity and justice for all. We encourage civic participation, defend fundamental rights, and fight to dismantle systemic barriers to equitable opportunity.
PFAW’s Political Department focuses on electoral politics in federal, state and local elections across the country. The Political Associate will primarily support the Next Up Victory Fund, a program that helps young progressives win state and local offices. This position reports to the Political Director and is located in Washington, DC. This is a full-time position.
- Research candidates running for office, including their policy positions and race dynamics
- Produce a final research document with all relevant information, a summary of that information, and minimal to zero errors
- Create and maintain spreadsheets on political information, such as candidate information, election results, and polling data.
- Communicate with candidates and their campaign staff by email
- Assist in organizational and procedural needs for the department, such as creating electoral calendars and keeping track of project progress
- Assist in logistical needs for the department, such as booking travel or ordering professionally printed materials
- Write department materials showcasing our work for external stakeholders
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Strong spreadsheet skills, Microsoft Office and Google , with ability to sort and filter data
- Very strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Thoroughly follow instruction and direction
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines and flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Proactive problem solver
- Commitment to progressive values and People For the American Way’s core mission
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected] No phone calls please.
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer