People For the American Way (PFAW) is a nationwide advocacy organization that mobilizes its members and activists to fight for public policies that reflect the values of freedom, fairness, and equal opportunity; to champion constitutional protections and civil rights
PFAW’s Political Department focuses on electoral politics, political advocacy efforts and voter education. The Political Department’s Latinos Vote! Program builds on our proven record of producing paid and earned media campaigns to hold Republicans accountable for their anti-immigrant, anti-Latino policies and rhetoric. The Next Up Victory Fund program helps young progressives win state and local offices across the country. The Political Associate will primarily support the Latinos Vote! Program and the Next Up Victory Fund.
This position reports to the Political Director and is located in Washington, DC. This is a full-time, temporary position ending December 2017 and is not eligible for benefits.
- Assist in conducting research and analysis on candidates for office, incumbent voting records and race rankings
- Assist in maintaining political and electoral calendars, organizing travel and meetings
- Maintain list of contacts of candidates, political influentials, state tables and key organizational allies
- Act as political tracker for PFAW’s endorsed races and keeping appropriate staff up to date
- Coordinate staff briefings, coalition meetings and other internal and external events
- Produce electoral maps for PowerPoint presentations
- Fact checking reports, charts and other departmental materials
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent oral and written communications skills
- Proficiency in using Excel spreadsheets, online research tools and MS Office
- Strong attention to detail and highly organized
- Ability to work under multiple deadlines and flexibility to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment
- Commitment to progressive values and People For the American Way’s core mission
Please send resume and statement of interest to: Human Resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Email: email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer