People For the American Way is a national organization with over 1 million members dedicated to defending constitutional rights under attack by the Trump administration and the Right Wing and is deeply engaged in campaigns ranging from defending the Supreme Court to fighting Islamophobia to engaging Latino voters in elections. Our affiliate People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values and works to diversify the leadership of the progressive movement through its Young People For youth leadership programs and its Young Elected Officials Network.
The Research Associate tracks right-wing activity, writes for PFAW’s Right Wing Watch blog, and works with other staff to address research needs of ongoing organizational campaigns. The position is located in Washington, DC and reports to the Research Editor.
- Research and write multiple posts for PFAW’s Right Wing Watch blog.
- Monitor and analyze right-wing activities that affect PFAW issues such as immigration, First Amendment rights, civil rights of LGBT Americans, an independent judiciary, etc.
- Research and write in-depth reports on key themes and issues within the Right.
- Advise and assist in promoting Right Wing Watch content to media, allies and other audiences.
- Superb writing skills, including the ability to quickly produce clear, compelling stories.
- A keen interest in political news and sharp strategic sense.
- Concern for detail and accuracy; ability to work under pressure and manage various priorities and deadlines.
- Experience with HTML, and graphic and video editing software helpful.
- Understanding of communications strategies for various audiences.
- Deep commitment to progressive values.
- Ability to maintain perspective, a positive attitude, and a sense of humor while opposing individuals and movements working tirelessly to destroy everything you hold dear.
To apply send resume and statement of interest to: Human Resources, People For the American Way, 2000 M Street, NW, Suite 400, Washington, DC 20036, Email: email@example.com
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.