People For the American Way is a nationwide advocacy organization that mobilizes its members and activists to fight for public policies that reflect the values of freedom, fairness, and equal opportunity; to champion constitutional protections and civil rights; to hold public officials accountable to those standards; and to promote strong democratic institutions, including a federal judiciary that upholds individual rights. The online strategy internship is a great opportunity to learn more about digital outreach and engagement strategies for a multifaceted progressive advocacy organization.
- Help manage and monitor PFAW’s and Right Wing Watch’s social media properties
- Write engaging copy for our Facebook and Twitter platforms
- Create and share other original content (share images, etc) as possible
- Monitor Twitter; retweet and respond as appropriate, and flag potential new engagement opportunities
- Moderate and respond to Facebook comments as appropriate
- Blogging, research and other projects as needed and as YOUR interests dictate
- Experience with HTML
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Experience with online and/or activist campaigns
- Commitment to the goals of the organization and a shared progressive vision that values core American principles like liberty, equality and democracy
- Knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Blogging experience a plus
- Knowledge of content management systems (CMS) a plus
Internships are unpaid, but we provide unpaid volunteer interns with an $8 per day per diem to help defray transportation costs to and from the People For office; some restrictions apply. We will also work with students to arrange academic credit and meet other program requirements.
To apply, send letter of interest and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.