People For the American Way Foundation conducts research, legal, and education work on behalf of First Amendment freedoms and democratic values; monitors, exposes, and challenges the Religious Right movement and its political allies; identifies, trains, and supports the next generation of progressive leaders through its Young Elected Officials Network and its Young People For youth leadership programs; and carries out nonpartisan civic participation activities.
The Young Elected Officials Network (YEO) has been established to engage young progressive elected officials in all levels of government. The YEO program is based in Washington, D.C. and works with a network of elected officials throughout the country. This position reports to the YEO Program Manager and works in collaboration with staff in the People For national office.
The Membership Services Associate will help develop and coordinate various aspects of the YEO program as it continues to grow. This position requires an orientation to government and governmental officials at all levels, intensive research skills, excellent communications and customer service abilities, and a commitment to progressive issues and ideals.
- Assist the YEO Program Manager with outreach and recruitment of new members to the YEO Network.
- Assist YEO Program Manager in providing resources, leadership development opportunities, and support to the members of the YEO Network through connections to strategic partner organizations, the YEO newsletter, telebriefs, and trainings at YEO events.
- Manage updates and maintain YEO database(s) and contact management systems.
- Manage the annual membership survey and report and assist YEO Program Manager in developing annual membership report
- Support the YEO Program Manager in developing opportunities for alumni of the YEO Network to support the development of current YEOs.
- Manage monthly YEO Features.
- Support on administrative and event planning work as needed.
- Support in coordinating all conferences, meetings, and summits of YEO program
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills and ability to work with a variety of people
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; must be well-organized and able to effectively manage competing priorities and frequent deadlines
- Previous policy/political/campus organizing experience preferred
- Ability to work well independently, with supervision, and as part of a team
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Entrepreneurial and innovative
- Computer proficiency, including MSOffice, Outlook, and Internet tools; must have database and spreadsheet experience; experience with Adobe Design Software, including InDesign, Dreamweaver or other HTML development systems, web content management systems, and newsletter design highly desirable
- Experience with social networking and emerging trends is preferred
- Ability and willingness to work campaign hours when needed, including some nights and weekends
- Ability and willingness to travel when needed
- College degree required
- Commitment to the values of the Young Elected Officials Network and People For the American Way Foundation
To Apply: Please send resume and cover letter to People For the American Way Foundation, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington DC 20005. Email to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.