Young People For (YP4), a Program of People for the American Way Foundation, is seeking an enthusiastic, organized, self-motivated Recruitment and Operations intern with high initiative and attention to detail to assist the Fellowship team in daily department operations.
Young People For (YP4) is a progressive leadership development program focused on identifying, engaging, and empowering the next generation of progressive leaders. YP4 is dedicated to identifying young campus and community leaders, engaging them, and supporting them with the skills and resources they need to create change. Together, People For and YP4 are building a long-term network of emerging leaders committed to progressing our country and world to be a more equitable and just place.
YP4 has three overarching priorities: 1) to diversify leadership in the progressive movement; 2) to support young leaders to effect change in their communities now; and 3) to ensure that young leaders are sustained in their leadership over the long term. The core of YP4 is our one-year Fellowship Program for progressive college students, which supports and empowers them to create progressive social change on their campuses and in their communities. The Alumni Program works with the alumni of the one-year Fellowship to continue to support their development as progressive leaders and participants in the progressive movement.
The position is located in Washington, DC and reports to the YP4 Recruitment and Operations Associate.
- Support in the recruitment and selection of the 2017-2018 Fellowship Class.
- Assist with the development of recruitment budgets and proposals.
- Identify potential recruitment and partnership opportunities to broaden the YP4 scope for recruitment.
- Assist with Regional Training and annual National Summit logistics such as preparation, meals, housing, and travel.
- Support and assist Fellowship team at local recruitment conferences and events.
- Assist with day-to-day communications with Alumni, Fellows and Partner Organizations as needed.
- Support in the management of historical demographic data of Fellowship Classes.
- Contribute to the YP4 Blog, social media, and special projects, as interested.
- Perform administrative support and duties as needed.
- Experience with grassroots, political, student or youth organizing and/or leadership development.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment; must be well organized, detail-oriented and able to effectively manage competing priorities and frequent deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to work effectively with a variety of people.
- Familiarity with MSOffice applications and SALSA CRM; experience with online communities and interest in web-based tools to advance progressive causes.
- Excellent written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently, with supervision, and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with the progressive community, and a commitment to the issues that Young People For Fellows and alumni work on. (see www.yp4.org) for more information)
- Demonstrates an understanding of the unique challenges of cultivating diverse emerging leaders.
- Commitment to continued personal growth and leadership development
- Fluency in multiple languages a plus.
To apply: Send resume and statement of interest to Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org and include “YP4 Recruitment and Operations Intern” in the subject line.
People For the American Way Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer