PFAW eBay “Auction For the American Way” Launches December 4
Includes Private Tour of Desperate Housewives’ Wisteria Lane,
Steam Room Session with the Farrelly Brothers, Smashed Guitar from Trent Reznor, Original Artwork By Andy Warhol & Ed Ruscha
Los Angeles, CA— People For the American Way today announced that their annual eBay online “Auction For the American Way,” will begin Sunday, December 4th and will run through Sunday, December 11th offering a variety of one-of-a-kind pieces of celebrity experiences, artwork, and unique autographed celebrity memorabilia.
This year’s auction includes exciting items such as a guided private tour of ‘Wisteria Lane’ with Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry, a spa experience with the Farrelly Brothers (There’s Something About Mary), lunch with Alec Baldwin, lunch with Oscar-winning screenwriter Eric Roth (Forrest Gump, Ali, The Good Shepherd), a month-long internship with documentary filmmaker Robert Greenwald (Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price), and a guitar played (and somewhat destroyed!) by Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails.
“Right in time for the holidays, PFAW has assembled a unique and exciting collection of items for our annual auction advancing our efforts to promote free speech, civil rights, and religious liberty,” said Jeff Berman, People For the American Way Western Regional Director.
Berman highlighted some of the distinctive items from a variety of musicians, actors, filmmakers and artists that will be available on the eBay Auction for the American Way:
- A private, personally guided tour of Wisteria Lane with Desperate Housewives creator Marc Cherry
- A private steam at Burke Williams Spa with the Farrelly brothers (writers/directors of Something About Mary, Dumb & Dumber)
- Artwork from blue-chip artists such as: Ed Ruscha, Andy Warhol, Cindy Sherman, Robert Rauschenberg, Richard Misrach, and Roy Lichtenstein
- Private lunches with actor Alec Baldwin and Oscar-winning screenwriter Eric Roth (Forrest Gump)
- A guitar smashed onstage during a Nine Inch Nails concert by Trent Reznor, then signed by all members of the band
- Two one-month long internships with documentary filmmaker Robert Greenwald (Uncovered, Outfoxed, Unconstitutional, and Wal-Mart: The High Cost of Low Price)
- A phone interview with Janeane Garofalo to air live on her nationally syndicated show on Air America Radio
Berman said more interesting items are being added daily to the auction and he encouraged people to visit People For the American Way’s website (www.pfaw.org) to learn more about the work the organization has done for more than two decades to protect free speech, civil rights, equal rights, and religious freedom.
WHAT: Auction for the American Way, an eBay auction of one-of-a-kind celebrity memorabilia and experiences to benefit People For the American Way
WHEN: December 4th – 11th, 2005
WHERE: Visit http://auction.pfaw.org
MEDIA NOTE: Digital photos are available of many auction items, please let us know if you would like photos to illustrate a story.