Includes an appearance in Rob Reiner’s next film; visits to the sets of Desperate Housewives, CSI: Miami, and Wes Craven’s next film; a private tour of South Park headquarters w/ Trey Parker and Matt Stone; a seat at a Family Guy table reading; lunch w/ Norman Lear, Arianna Huffington, and Jonathan Togo; dinner w/ Elvira; artwork by Warhol, Lichtenstein, Sherman, Wegman, Ruscha, et al.; and much more
Los Angeles, CA—People For the American Way has launched its annual online “Auction For the American Way,” which will run through December 13 and offer a variety of distinctive items, including celebrity experiences, blue-chip artwork, and autographed memorabilia. Auction items can be viewed and bid on at http://auction.pfaw.org. These unique items were donated to People For the American Way and the auction benefits the organization’s work on behalf of freedom of speech, civil rights and religious liberty.
The Auction for the American Way offers truly original items—from once-in-a-lifetime experiences to one-of-a-kind gifts. Go behind the scenes in Hollywood, visit the set of your favorite show, record your own album, dine with a celebrity, or give your friends and family artwork and signed memorabilia from their favorite musician, actor, writer, or artist.
These are just some of the items up for bid at http://auction.pfaw.org:
- Opportunity to sit in on a table reading of the hit show Family Guy
- Private tour for four of the South Park production office with opportunity to meet Trey Parker and Matt Stone
- Extra role in Rob Reiner's next movie The Bucket List, starring Jack Nicholson and Morgan Freeman
- Visit for two to the set of Desperate Housewives
- VIP visit to the set of Wes Craven's next film
- Signed guitars from The Rolling Stones, Crosby, Stills Nash & Young, and Trent Reznor of Nine Inch Nails
- Lunch with Norman Lear and Arianna Huffington
- Dinner with Cassandra Peterson (aka Elvira) at the legendary Magic Castle in Hollywood
- Artwork from renowned artists including Andy Warhol, Robert Rauschenberg, Roy Lichtenstein, Cindy Sherman, Ed Ruscha, and William Wegman
- Private recording session at Concord Record Studios in LA with access to equipment, engineer and musical accompanist
- Phone interview with Janeane Garofalo and Sam Seder to air live on the nationally syndicated Sam Seder Show on Air America
- Script from the new hit show Heroes, signed by the whole cast
- Copy of “OZ, Behind These Walls” signed by Oz creator/producer Tom Fontana and cast
- Signed memorabilia from Pierce Brosnan, Quincy Jones, et al.
- Signed photographs of Patti Smith, Willie Nelson & Waylon Jennings, and the Foo Fighters
- Baseball bat signed by Major League slugger Jeff Kent
- Lunch with Katrina vanden Heuvel of The Nation magazine
- Signed books by Al Franken, Arianna Huffington, James Carville, Danny Goldberg, Cornel West,, Paul Begala, David Brock, et al.
VIP visit to the set of CSI: Miami, followed by lunch with star Jonathan Togo
WHAT: Auction for the American Way, an online auction of one-of-a-kind items to benefit People For the American Way
WHEN: Runs from now through December 13, 2006
WHERE: Visit http://auction.pfaw.org to view the auction items and place bids
NOTE: Digital photos are available for many auction items. Please let us know if you would like photos to illustrate a story.