People For the American Way is a nationwide advocacy organization that mobilizes its members and activists to fight for public policies that reflect the values of freedom, fairness, and equal opportunity; to champion constitutional protections and civil rights; to hold public officials accountable to those standards; and to promote strong democratic institutions, including a federal judiciary that upholds individual rights. This is a great opportunity to learn more about Web-based outreach and organizing strategies for a multifaceted progressive advocacy organization.
- Conduct independent projects, including research and creation of new material for the website
- Work with other staff to provide support for Web-based advocacy campaigns
- Perform routine administrative duties, including post and maintain various online materials at PFAW.org
- Other activities as YOUR interests dictate
- Previous experience with HTML
- Knowledge of Photoshop a plus
- Experience with video a plus
- Blogging experience a plus
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems a plus
- Experience with online and/or activist campaigns helpful
This is an unpaid internship, but we are happy to work with students to arrange academic credit.
To apply, send resume and statement of interest to:
People For the American Way
1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20005
Email to firstname.lastname@example.org 
People For the American Way is an equal opportunity employer.