People For the American Way is a national advocacy organization dedicated to making the promise of America real for every American: Equality. Freedom of speech. Freedom of religion. The right to seek justice in a court of law. The right to cast a vote that counts. The American Way. Working as part of the online strategy team that manages People For’s web properties and new media outreach, the Online Developer will create websites, implement online outreach campaigns, and ensure that People For has a successful, functional web site. This is an ideal role for an entry level developer or experienced webmaster. The Online Developer is located in the national office in Washington, D.C. and reports to the Director of Membership and Online Strategy.
- Create and maintain web site and other web properties that allow visitors to learn about our work, subscribe to emails and personalized content, make donations, and participate in our advocacy campaigns.
- Plan, develop, and implement Drupal and other open source CMS based sites from start to finish.
- Work regularly in the Drupal CMS creating views and content types, and updating site themes.
- Edit and post PFAW.org content using a Drupal CMS and free-form HTML and CSS.
- Post and maintain online actions and other interactive pages using a CMS and eCRM.
- Promote People For campaigns and grow communities via blogs, social networks , and microblogging tools.
- Train non-technical staff on use of online tools.
- Generate regular reports of online metrics to measure results, including web traffic, housefile growth, advocacy campaigns, and fundraising.
- 2+ years of experience with HTML and CSS.
- Experience with PHP or other programming language
- 1+ years of experience with Drupal CMS (other open source systems a plus)
- Familiarity with CMS optimization across browsers and platforms.
- Experience with Email Service Providers, email marketing, and HTML coding
- Experience with or strong interest in working with Web Services and APIs
- Familiarity with image/design software (Photoshop, Flash, etc.).
- Ability to acquire new knowledge quickly and work autonomously under tight deadlines.
- A team player who can work effectively with a variety of people.
- Willingness to work campaign-style hours when needed.
- Commitment to progressive ideals and interest in People For issues and activities.
To apply: Send resume and statement of interest to Human Resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, 6th Floor, Washington, DC, 20005. Email to email@example.com. 
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer