You can play a big role in spreading the word about why a Mitt Romney presidency - and the prospect of Mitt Romney appointing Supreme Court justices -- would be dangerous for America.
How? By writing a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. Letters to the editor are extremely effective because voters trust people in their own communities. And newspapers want to hear from you about what matters.
Be sure to give your name, address and a phone number with your letter. For those submitted via e-mail, the subject line should read “Letter to the Editor.” For letters submitted via regular mail, they should say “Attn: Editor.” Before a letter is printed, a member of the newspaper staff may give you a call.
Letters shouldn’t be much more than 200-300 words. Short and to-the-point letters are the most effective.
It is important that you use your own words when writing a letter to the editor. But, here are a few points you will probably want to make:
- As voters go to the polls, they need to remember what's at stake in our courts.
- A Mitt Romney presidency would be dangerous for America. Even worse, he would make Supreme Court appointments that would have a negative impact on Americans for generations.
- Mitt Romney wants to overturn Roe v. Wade. He would appoint justices who would take women backwards. He even opposes requiring employers to cover birth control. A woman's right to control her own health decisions hangs in the balance with this election.
- Mitt Romney believes that "corporations are people" and his extreme views would hurt the middle class and consumers for generations.
- Feel free to incorporate "RomneyCourt.com" into your letter to steer readers to our Romney Court website so they can get more information. You could say something like "I read on RomneyCourt.com that..."
After you send your letter, please e-mail People For the American Way Pennsylvania Coordinator Jodi Hirsh at firstname.lastname@example.org  and let us know you did. This will help us track our progress in getting our message out. And if you'd like, include the text of your letter and your name and hometown.
Below is a list of Pennsylvania newspapers and how to submit a letter. Election Day is approaching fast -- and people are already voting -- so please send in a letter to the editor today!
- Advance of Bucks County email@example.com 
- Allentown Morning Call firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Beaver County Times email@example.com 
- Bucks County Courier Times firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Butler Eagle email@example.com 
- Centre Daily Times firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Delaware County Times email@example.com 
- Doylestown Intelligencer firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Doylestown Patriot email@example.com 
- Erie Times-News http://18.104.22.168/sites/customerservice/newsdepartment_lettertoeditor.html 
- Express-Times http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/opinion/sendaletter 
- Gettysburg Times firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Harrisburg Patriot News email@example.com 
- Indiana Gazette firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Johnstown Tribune-Democrat email@example.com 
- Kittanning Leader Times firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Lebanon Daily News http://www.ldnews.com/sendletterseditor 
- Philadelphia City Paper http://www.citypaper.net/contact-us/letter_to_the_editor 
- Philadelphia Daily News email@example.com 
- Philadelphia Gay News firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Philadelphia Inquirer email@example.com 
- Philadelphia Tribune firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Philadelphia Weekly email@example.com 
- Pittsburgh City Paper firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Pittsburgh Post-Gazette email@example.com 
- Pittsburgh Tribune-Review firstname.lastname@example.org 
- Reading Eagle http://www.readingeagle.com/opinion.html 
- Scranton Times / The Tribune letters@TimesShamrock.com 
- Warren Times-Observer email@example.com 
- Yardley News firstname.lastname@example.org 
- York Daily Record http://ydr.inyork.com/ydr/opinion 
- York Dispatch email@example.com