The Deputy Political Director will assist the Political Director in overseeing all aspects of People For the American Way’s political program. The Deputy will help design and execute assigned projects, manage political, communications, and field plans and interact with key stakeholders and decision makers. In addition the Deputy will be responsible for coordination with state based partners and managing state based consultants. This position is based in Washington DC and reports to the Political Director.
- Provide strategic advice and assistance to the Political Director on all major campaigns
- In collaboration with staff develops campaign plans and oversees implementation of work plans and political programs
- Manages Latino outreach efforts for PFAW, including paid media efforts, and acts as liaison with outside organizations to further the Latino campaign efforts
- Analyze and report on national, state and local electoral trends that have an impact on issues and constituencies of importance to PFAW with an eye toward maximizing PFAW’s impact on target races and issues
- Assists in collecting, tracking and assessing the field and political plans of table partners and candidates
- Represent the political department in working with online communications to develop plans for political department including paid online advertising, social media, online fundraising, activists, list building, and political endorsements and maintaining PFAW’s political presence.
- Works with Political Director to manage paid media campaigns including targeting of direct mail, television and radio advertising and phone scripts
- Coordinates knowledge sharing of political activities across all departments
- Minimum five years’ experience playing a major role in campaigns including hands on experience with campaign communications
- Ability to design and implement effective political programs
- Knowledge of electoral and legislative processes
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Experience with effective grassroots fundraising and field efforts
- Experience handling multiple deadlines under tight timeframes
- Ability to work well with diverse groups of people
- Commitment to progressive values and interest in People For’s issues
- Oral and written proficiency in Spanish required
- Minimum of college degree required
To apply: Send resume and statement of interest to Human resources, People For the American Way, 1101 15th Street, NW, Suite 600, Washington, DC 20005. Email email@example.com .
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer