On Giving Tuesday, November 27, People For staff came together to call more than a thousand PFAW members and donors to thank them for their contributions and fighting for the American Way. Thanks to our supporters, we found hope in many dark moments. This year, we came together to accomplish so much at a time when the fight can be tremendously hard. Some of our favorite highlights include:
- A net gain of 40 House seats
- 380 state legislative seats flipped blue
- A net gain of 7 majorities in state legislative chambers
- A net gain of 7 governor seats (more than any party since 1994)
- More than 100 Next Up Victory Fund endorsees won in the November election
- Thousands rallied against Brett Kavanaugh’s Supreme Court nomination, Trump’s Muslim ban and child separation; for voting rights, gun violence prevention and fair-minded judges; and so much more!
- The Mueller investigation continues to root out criminal wrongdoing with strong support from the American people, despite Trump’s best efforts
- Spotify, Apple, Facebook, and YouTube dumped Alex Jones
- Thousands of PFAW volunteers contacted voters in key states and districts via phone banks, canvasses, text-a-thons, video messages, and more, and millions more were reached with progressive PFAW messaging shared by members online
The list goes on. Without dedicated members like you, none of this would have been possible. So thank you. Now let’s get back to work.