People For inspires and mobilizes community and cultural leaders to advance Truth, Justice, and the American Way. We convene courageous Americans, produce compelling media and organize campaigns to defend our democracy from authoritarian threats in order to advance the US Constitution’s promise that every American will enjoy freedom, safety and a vote that counts.
The Digital Campaign Associate works to engage and mobilize progressive activists in support of our advocacy campaigns. The ideal candidate is an energetic and creative thinker who can work collaboratively with other staff to create and test strategies to generate effective activist campaigns. This position reports to the Director of Digital Membership and works with the Digital Strategy team and staff across multiple departments and programs. While this position is primarily remote, the candidate may be required to attend in-person events in Washington, D.C.
- Support online and online-to-offline campaigns using email, SMS, social media, and other primarily digital tools to increase grassroots participation and visibility.
- Help plan and execute digital advocacy and fundraising campaigns at the federal and state levels around key policy and campaign priorities.
- Write, build, and test email action alerts, online actions (such as petitions), and donation pages.
- Work collaboratively with coalition partners to pursue shared organizing objectives at the federal, state, and local levels.
- Work with partner organizations and ad platforms to identify and execute joint and sponsored actions and ad campaigns to grow our email list.
- Write content and help develop strategies for online campaigns in email, social media, organizing toolkits, blog posts, sample letters to the editor, and more.
- Provide reporting on campaign performance and test results; provide analysis and recommendations for continual improvement.
- Provide quality assurance testing for digital team content.
- Stay current on industry trends and best practices for advocacy and political organizations.
- Support the organization by capturing photographs, videos, or live streams at rallies, conferences, legislative hearings, and coalition meetings.
- In coordination with communications and campaigns staff, provide support for websites and social media properties.
- Lead on membership engagement efforts, such as organizing and hosting virtual events about our programs and campaigns.
- Strong writing skills and detail-oriented with ability to work under pressure and write, code emails/HTML, and create audience queries quickly.
- Strong organizational skills — ability to manage priorities, learn quickly, and multi-task in a rapid response environment, including the ability to manage simultaneous short-term and long-term deadlines.
- A strong commitment to the mission of the organization to advance progressive values and defend the fundamental constitutional rights of all.
Preferred But Not Required:
- College degree or compatible experience.
- Experience in digital organizing in an advocacy or campaign environment.
- Experience with HTML, CSS, eCRM systems (experience with ActionKit is a bonus), and CMS systems (such as WordPress).
- Understanding of campaign metrics, analytics, and A/B testing.
The salary range for the position is $75,000 to $85,000.
To Apply: Send resume and a cover letter by email to [email protected]. No telephone calls please.