People For the American Way and its affiliate, People For the American Way Foundation, are progressive advocacy organizations founded to fight right-wing extremism and build a democratic society that implements the ideals of freedom, equality, opportunity and justice for all. We encourage civic participation, defend fundamental rights, and fight to dismantle systemic barriers to equitable opportunity.
Temporary outreach organizers will play a pivotal role in People for the American Way’s voter mobilization efforts leading up to the 2020 general election. Organizers will assist staff with implementing programs and plans designed to promote and encourage voter participation in diverse communities, ensuring that these populations know and exercise their right to vote.
- Implement peer-to-peer voter and volunteer contact programs utilizing P2P text messaging and virtual phone bank techniques.
- Assist field, digital and political staff with promotion of endorsed candidates on various social media platforms, by attending events, and supporting volunteer activities.
- Assist field program staff with “Protect the Black Vote” campaign.
- Assist political, digital and field staff with ongoing programmatic work. Support ongoing field and political voter engagement efforts as directed.
- Experience and comfort working with diverse populations.
- Experience organizing diverse communities around Get Out the Vote efforts.
- Experience utilizing texting platforms to engage and mobilize voters.
- Self-starter and entrepreneurial minded.
- Strong commitment to PFAW’s values, issues, and campaigns, including racial justice, protecting our democracy, defending fundamental rights, and fighting for policies that reflect progressive values.
To apply: Please send resume and cover letter to: [email protected]
People For the American Way is an Equal Opportunity Employer.